Yesterday kicked off Apple’s WWDC. Much has been written already, but we really enjoyed the summary from All Things D. Here is an excerpt with the numbers that matter relating to Apple and mobile.
- Apple has sold 200 million IOS devices to date …which accounts for more than 44 percent of the mobile market
- 25 million iPads were sold in the device’s 14 months of availability
- The Mac App Store is now the #1 retail channel for PC software over Best Buy and Walmart
- There are 425,000 apps in the app store
- 90,000 of them are designed specifically for the iPad
- 14 billion apps have been downloaded from the App Store in less than 3 years
- IOS users send more than 1 billion Tweets a week
- To date, about 100 billion push notifications have been sent to iOS devices
- The iPhone 4′s camera is the second most used camera on Flickr
- Mac sales rose 28 percent year-over-year during Apple’s last quarter, while PC sales declined 1 percent
Click here for the full article.