So you run your institution’s alumni Facebook page. You’re sharing great content (hopefully incorporating these five types of posts), and you’ve got a solid number of “likes” on your page.
But in the back of your mind, you know that only a small fraction of your alumni base follows your page and sees this content. You’re looking to ramp up social engagement—and provide your fundraising office with data on what content alumni have engaged with—but that won’t happen until more people “like” your page.
Luckily, there’s a quick and easy way to promote your page and get more eyes on your content (boosted or otherwise). Did you know that you can upload a list of constituent email addresses to help Facebook target your page promotion at the most relevant people?
Follow these six steps to advertise your page to all the constituents in your database!
1. In the top right corner of your profile, choose your alumni page under “Use Facebook As.” You must be a page admin.
2. Choose “Promote Page” via one of the two “Promote” buttons on the page.
3. Hit the “gear” button in the bottom left corner and choose “Advanced Options.”
4. Facebook will ask you to switch back to your personal profile to run the ad. Agree to this.
5. Choose “Create a Custom Audience.”
6. Click “Customer List” and upload to Facebook a CSV (Excel) file with all your constituent email addresses. Facebook is smart enough that if a constituent already “likes” your page, it will save you the money and not surface the ad to that user.